So I started this blog quite a while back.
A refresher, my cousin lost weight and inspired me.
What I found was, that I thought I could do it on my own. What she was doing that is.
I now realize that there is so much more to losing weight, beyond what I am just putting in my mouth or the exercise that I am getting.
Last year I started this particular program with my mother. One of her relatives was very sick and after years of battling illness, he passed. I think it lit a fire with my mom.
I remember being at her house the day that we had decided to make a call to our cousin and ask for her health coaches name and phone number.
I remember crying to my mom about my frustration in seeing the recent photos from my daughter's 18th birthday/graduation ceremony and being in shock that I was the size that I was seeing.
I just didn't see it. I look in the mirror every single day, and I kid you not, I just don't see the weight.
I weighed 282.8 lbs at 5'5" tall. Not a good combo and definitely not a healthy place to be.
We both decided, that day, to call the health coach and to start our journey.
Neither of us had any clue as to what that was going to look like, beyond eating certain foods daily, that were prepackaged and only having to think about making one meal a day and being accountable for what that meal consisted of.
I thought many times about starting up a blog, as I forgot about this one until today, and journaling my process and progress, but alas I put it off and never got around to it, until this very moment.
So, here I am. Starting a new, with a plan to fill in the gaps from last year. My progress, my moments of trying to regroup and find new momentum, my pictures of physical progress and every thing that I have learned up until this very moment.
So please bear with me, as I try to fill in all of the gaps and help myself remember why I am doing what I am doing and how I am going to get there.
I would never have been able, on my own, to make the journey that I have up until this point, without the help. Not only personal but also financial help from my mother. I know that she knows that this is important for us both and I will never be able to repay her for investing her time and money in my present, as well as my future. I know that she wants the best for her children and wants to see them thrive. It isn't the only reason that I am working so hard to reach my goals, but at the same time, I have so much appreciation for this type of particular support that I wouldn't want to feel like I was wasting anyone's time or money, regardless of who they are. But the encouragement that she has given me, constantly, has been huge. I believe her love language is words of encouragement. The letters that I get at least once a month or when I hit a new milestone in my health pursuit success, the encouraging cards that she sends me in the mail, even though I see her once a week and sometimes more, are appreciated more than she will ever know. They're just nice little encouragement notes. I am thankful for her presence in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment